Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura
is a topic covered in the Johns Hopkins HIV Guide
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Official website of the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX), HIV, Diabetes, and Psychiatry Guides, powered by Unbound Medicine. Johns Hopkins Guide App for iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Android included. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Multisystem disease caused by platelet thrombi in various organs.
- Thrombocytopenia, hemolytic anemia, renal impairment, fever (can be high), and neurologic abnormalities (agitation, disorientation, headache early, late focal deficits, seizure, coma).
- Rare in HIV, but important to recognize because mortality 60-80% if undiagnosed; mortality < 10% if recognized and treated early.
- Associated with early and late HIV, malignancy, chemotherapy, pregnancy.
- Drugs associated with TTP: quinine, ticlopidine, cyclosporine.
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --
Last updated: February 1, 2015
Moore, Richard D. "Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura." Johns Hopkins HIV Guide, 2015. Johns Hopkins Guide, www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_HIV_Guide/545204/all/Thrombotic_thrombocytopenic_purpura.
Moore RD. Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. Johns Hopkins HIV Guide. 2015. https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_HIV_Guide/545204/all/Thrombotic_thrombocytopenic_purpura. Accessed October 15, 2019.
Moore, R. D. (2015). Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. In Johns Hopkins HIV Guide. Available from https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_HIV_Guide/545204/all/Thrombotic_thrombocytopenic_purpura
Moore RD. Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura [Internet]. In: Johns Hopkins HIV Guide. ; 2015. [cited 2019 October 15]. Available from: https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_HIV_Guide/545204/all/Thrombotic_thrombocytopenic_purpura.
TY - ELEC
T1 - Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura
ID - 545204
A1 - Moore,Richard,M.D.
Y1 - 2015/02/01/
BT - Johns Hopkins HIV Guide
UR - https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_HIV_Guide/545204/all/Thrombotic_thrombocytopenic_purpura
DB - Johns Hopkins Guide
DP - Unbound Medicine