Official website of the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX), HIV, Diabetes, and Psychiatry Guides, powered by Unbound Medicine. Johns Hopkins Guide App for iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Android included. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Anaerobic infections: Intra-abdominal infections; skin and skin structure infections and bone and joint infections
- Bacterial septicemia; endocarditis (caused by Bacteroides spp.).
- Gynecologic infections (endometritis, endomyometritis, tubo-ovarian abscess, and postsurgical vaginal cuff infection).
- Lower respiratory tract infections (in combination with another agent with activity against microaerophilic Streptococcus).
- Adjunct treatment for gastritis and duodenal ulcer associated with Helicobacter pylori.
- CNS infections (meningitis and brain abscess).
- Treatment of acute intestinal amebiasis and amebic liver abscess.
- Treatment of symptomatic and asymptomatic trichomoniasis.
- Bacterial vaginosis (vaginal gel)
- Rosacea (topical gel).
NON-FDA APPROVED USES
- Colitis, antibiotic-associated (treatment).
- Periodontal disease
- Elective colorectal surgery prophylaxis (classified as contaminated or potentially contaminated).
- Treatment of giardiasis and dracunculiasis