- Anaerobic infections: Intra-abdominal infections; skin and skin structure infections and bone and joint infections
- Bacterial septicemia; endocarditis (caused by Bacteroides spp.).
- Gynecologic infections (endometritis, endomyometritis, tubo-ovarian abscess, and postsurgical vaginal cuff infection).
- Lower respiratory tract infections (in combination with another agent with activity against microaerophilic Streptococcus).
- Adjunct treatment for gastritis and duodenal ulcer associated with Helicobacter pylori.
- CNS infections (meningitis and brain abscess).
- Treatment of acute intestinal amebiasis and amebic liver abscess.
- Treatment of symptomatic and asymptomatic trichomoniasis.
- Bacterial vaginosis (vaginal gel)
- Rosacea (topical gel).
NON-FDA APPROVED USES
- Colitis, antibiotic-associated (treatment).
- Periodontal disease
- Elective colorectal surgery prophylaxis (classified as contaminated or potentially contaminated).
- Treatment of giardiasis and dracunculiasis
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.