Intravenous immune globulin
is a topic covered in the Johns Hopkins HIV Guide
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Official website of the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX), HIV, Diabetes, and Psychiatry Guides, powered by Unbound Medicine. Johns Hopkins Guide App for iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Android included. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Bone marrow transplant (to prevent graft vs host disease) CLL
- Primary immunoglobulin deficiency
- HIV (prevention of bacterial infections in HIV-infected children who are not receiving prophylaxis) but generally not recommended; Kawasaki disease.
- VZV post-exposure prophylaxis
- Anemia due to parvovirus B19 infection
- Indications with established efficacy: Guillain-Barre syndrome; steroid resistant dermatomyositis; multifocal motor neuropathy.
- Indications that are controversial: patients with streptococcal toxic shock syndrome treated with IVIG had trend toward a lower mortality rate; severe C. difficile colitis (case reports).
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --
Last updated: March 12, 2011
Pham, Paul A, and John G Bartlett. "Intravenous Immune Globulin." Johns Hopkins HIV Guide, 2011. Johns Hopkins Guide, www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_HIV_Guide/545109/all/Intravenous_immune_globulin.
Pham PA, Bartlett JG. Intravenous immune globulin. Johns Hopkins HIV Guide. 2011. https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_HIV_Guide/545109/all/Intravenous_immune_globulin. Accessed December 6, 2019.
Pham, P. A., & Bartlett, J. G. (2011). Intravenous immune globulin. In Johns Hopkins HIV Guide. Available from https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_HIV_Guide/545109/all/Intravenous_immune_globulin
Pham PA, Bartlett JG. Intravenous Immune Globulin [Internet]. In: Johns Hopkins HIV Guide. ; 2011. [cited 2019 December 06]. Available from: https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_HIV_Guide/545109/all/Intravenous_immune_globulin.
TY - ELEC
T1 - Intravenous immune globulin
ID - 545109
A1 - Pham,Paul,Pharm.D.
AU - Bartlett,John,M.D.
Y1 - 2011/03/12/
BT - Johns Hopkins HIV Guide
UR - https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_HIV_Guide/545109/all/Intravenous_immune_globulin
DB - Johns Hopkins Guide
DP - Unbound Medicine