Johns Hopkins Guides provide diagnosis, management, and treatment guidance for infectious diseases, diabetes, and psychiatric conditions. Explore these free sample topics:
~~ The first section of this topic is shown below ~~
- Bone marrow transplant (to prevent graft vs host disease) CLL
- Primary immunoglobulin deficiency
- HIV (prevention of bacterial infections in HIV-infected children who are not receiving prophylaxis) but generally not recommended; Kawasaki disease.
- VZV post-exposure prophylaxis
NON-FDA APPROVED USES
- Anemia due to parvovirus B19 infection
- Indications with established efficacy: Guillain-Barre syndrome; steroid resistant dermatomyositis; multifocal motor neuropathy.
- Indications that are controversial: patients with streptococcal toxic shock syndrome treated with IVIG had trend toward a lower mortality rate; severe C. difficile colitis (case reports).