Official website of the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX), HIV, Diabetes, and Psychiatry Guides, powered by Unbound Medicine. Johns Hopkins Guide App for iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Android included. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Bone marrow transplant (to prevent graft vs host disease) CLL
- Primary immunoglobulin deficiency
- HIV (prevention of bacterial infections in HIV-infected children who are not receiving prophylaxis) but generally not recommended; Kawasaki disease.
- VZV post-exposure prophylaxis
NON-FDA APPROVED USES
- Anemia due to parvovirus B19 infection
- Indications with established efficacy: Guillain-Barre syndrome; steroid resistant dermatomyositis; multifocal motor neuropathy.
- Indications that are controversial: patients with streptococcal toxic shock syndrome treated with IVIG had trend toward a lower mortality rate; severe C. difficile colitis (case reports).