Johns Hopkins Guides provide diagnosis, management, and treatment guidance for infectious diseases, diabetes, and psychiatric conditions. Explore these free sample topics:
~~ The first section of this topic is shown below ~~
- Protozoan parasite, reservoir primarily human, potentially domestic and sylvatic animals.
- Most commonly identified fecal parasite in North America
- Mountainous areas of Northeast, Rocky Mtn states, Northwest
- Pockets of high prevalence in urban areas and areas of over-crowding
- Outdoor recreation and swimming pools
- Fecal-oral transmission via contaminated food, person-to-person, and waterborne outbreaks.