is a topic covered in the Johns Hopkins HIV Guide
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Official website of the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX), HIV, Diabetes, and Psychiatry Guides, powered by Unbound Medicine. Johns Hopkins Guide App for iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Android included. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Protozoan parasite, reservoir primarily human, potentially domestic and sylvatic animals.
- Endemic worldwide.
- Most commonly identified fecal parasite in North America.
- Mountainous areas of Northeast, Rocky Mtn states, Northwest
- Pockets of high prevalence in urban areas and areas of over-crowding
- Outdoor recreation and swimming pools
- Fecal-oral transmission via contaminated food, person-to-person, and waterborne outbreaks.
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --