Johns Hopkins Guides provide diagnosis, management, and treatment guidance for infectious diseases, diabetes, and psychiatric conditions. Explore these free sample topics:
~~ The first section of this topic is shown below ~~
- Treatment and prophylaxis of disseminated M. avium infection (treatment requires co-administration with ethambutol).
- Community-acquired pneumonia of mild severity (20%-30% of S. pneumonia strains resistant to azithromycin).
- Pharyngitis/tonsillitis; acute bacterial sinusitis.
- Acute bacterial exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (Z-pack and Tri-pack).
- Uncomplicated skin and skin structure infections.
- Urethritis and cervicitis (caused by GC and ).
- Genital ulcer disease.
NON-FDA APPROVED USES
- Toxoplasmosis (with pyrimethamine).