- Treatment and prophylaxis of disseminated M. avium infection (treatment requires co-administration with ethambutol).
- Community-acquired pneumonia of mild severity (20%-30% of S. pneumonia strains resistant to azithromycin).
- Pharyngitis/tonsillitis; acute bacterial sinusitis.
- Acute bacterial exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (Z-pack and Tri-pack).
- Uncomplicated skin and skin structure infections.
- Urethritis and cervicitis (caused by GC and ).
- Genital ulcer disease.
NON-FDA APPROVED USES
- Toxoplasmosis (with pyrimethamine).
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.