is a topic covered in the Johns Hopkins Diabetes Guide
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Official website of the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX), HIV, Diabetes, and Psychiatry Guides, powered by Unbound Medicine. Johns Hopkins Guide App for iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Android included. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Standard lipid profile includes total cholesterol, TG, HDL cholesterol (HDL-C), and LDL cholesterol (LDL-C).
- Apolipoproteins and lipoprotein lipase activity can also be measured but are not recommend as part of standard analysis.
- Chylomicrons carry fat absorbed from the intestine.
- High LDL-C ("bad cholesterol") is the strongest lipid risk factor for cardiovascular disease.
- Low HDL-C ("good cholesterol) is also a strong risk factor for cardiovascular disease.
- High triglycerides (TG) are also associated with cardiovascular disease although less strongly than high LDL-C or low HDL-C.
Severe hypertriglyceridemia is a cause of
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --
Last updated: October 6, 2015
Joseph, Joshua J, and Simeon Margolis. "Lipids." Johns Hopkins Diabetes Guide, 2015. Johns Hopkins Guide, www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_Diabetes_Guide/547085/all/Lipids.
Joseph JJ, Margolis S. Lipids. Johns Hopkins Diabetes Guide. 2015. https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_Diabetes_Guide/547085/all/Lipids. Accessed July 22, 2019.
Joseph, J. J., & Margolis, S. (2015). Lipids. In Johns Hopkins Diabetes Guide. Available from https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_Diabetes_Guide/547085/all/Lipids
Joseph JJ, Margolis S. Lipids [Internet]. In: Johns Hopkins Diabetes Guide. ; 2015. [cited 2019 July 22]. Available from: https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_Diabetes_Guide/547085/all/Lipids.
TY - ELEC
T1 - Lipids
ID - 547085
A1 - Joseph,Joshua,M.D.
AU - Margolis,Simeon,M.D.
Y1 - 2015/10/06/
BT - Johns Hopkins Diabetes Guide
UR - https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_Diabetes_Guide/547085/all/Lipids
DB - Johns Hopkins Guide
DP - Unbound Medicine