Official website of the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX), HIV, Diabetes, and Psychiatry Guides, powered by Unbound Medicine. Johns Hopkins Guide App for iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Android included. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Before pulled from the US market for hepatotoxicity reasons, the use of trovafloxacin was reserved for use only if the patient meets all of the following criteria:
- Have at least one of the following infections that is judged by the treating physician to be serious and life- or limb-threatening:
- Receive their initial therapy in an in-patient heath care facility (i.e., hospital or long-term nursing care facility).
- The treating physician believes that, even given the new safety information, the benefit of the product for the patient outweighs the potential risk.
- Use of trovafloxacin was limited to 14 days or less.