Johns Hopkins Guides provide diagnosis, management, and treatment guidance for infectious diseases, diabetes, and psychiatric conditions. Explore these free sample topics:
~~ The first section of this topic is shown below ~~
- Before pulled from the US market for hepatotoxicity reasons, the use of trovafloxacin was reserved for use only if the patient meets all of the following criteria:
- Have at least one of the following infections that is judged by the treating physician to be serious and life- or limb-threatening:
- Receive their initial therapy in an in-patient heath care facility (i.e., hospital or long-term nursing care facility).
- The treating physician believes that, even given the new safety information, the benefit of the product for the patient outweighs the potential risk.
- Use of trovafloxacin was limited to 14 days or less.