is a topic covered in the Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Official website of the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX), HIV, Diabetes, and Psychiatry Guides, powered by Unbound Medicine. Johns Hopkins Guide App for iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Android included. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Anaerobic infections: intra-abdominal infections, skin and skin structure infections, bone and joint infections
- Bacterial septicemia; endocarditis (caused by Bacteroides spp.)
- Gynecologic infections (endometritis, endomyometritis, tubo-ovarian abscess, and postsurgical vaginal cuff infection)
- Lower respiratory tract infections (in combination with another agent with activity against microaerophilic Streptococcus)
- Adjunct treatment for gastritis and duodenal ulcer associated with Helicobacter pylori
- CNS infections (meningitis and brain abscess)
- Treatment of acute intestinal amebiasis and amebic liver abscess
- Treatment of symptomatic and asymptomatic trichomoniasis
- Bacterial vaginosis (vaginal gel)
- Acne rosacea (topical gel)
- Colitis, antibiotic-associated including C. difficile
- Treatment of giardiasis and dracunculiasis
- Periodontal disease
- Elective colorectal surgery (classified as contaminated or potentially contaminated)
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --
Last updated: July 31, 2014
Pham, Paul A, and John G Bartlett. "Metronidazole." Johns Hopkins ABX Guide, The Johns Hopkins University, 2014. Johns Hopkins Guide, www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540346/all/Metronidazole.
Pham PA, Bartlett JG. Metronidazole. Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. The Johns Hopkins University; 2014. https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540346/all/Metronidazole. Accessed August 23, 2019.
Pham, P. A., & Bartlett, J. G. (2014). Metronidazole. In Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. Available from https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540346/all/Metronidazole
Pham PA, Bartlett JG. Metronidazole [Internet]. In: Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. The Johns Hopkins University; 2014. [cited 2019 August 23]. Available from: https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540346/all/Metronidazole.
TY - ELEC
T1 - Metronidazole
ID - 540346
A1 - Pham,Paul,Pharm.D.
AU - Bartlett,John,M.D.
Y1 - 2014/07/31/
BT - Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
UR - https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540346/all/Metronidazole
PB - The Johns Hopkins University
DB - Johns Hopkins Guide
DP - Unbound Medicine