is a topic covered in the Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Official website of the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX), HIV, Diabetes, and Psychiatry Guides, powered by Unbound Medicine. Johns Hopkins Guide App for iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Android included. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Endocarditis caused by Enterococcus spp. resistant to vancomcyin, penicillin and aminoglycosides
- VRE infections including BSI, intra-abdominal infections, urinary tract infections, SSTI
- Alternative therapy:
- Instead of vancomycin for left-sided native valve endocarditis caused by MSSA
- S. aureus and Enterococcus spp. prosthetic joint infections
- S. aureus and Enterococcus spp. native vertebral osteomyelitis
- Note: daptomycin should not be used for treatment of pneumonia
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --
Last updated: November 29, 2015
TY - ELEC
T1 - Daptomycin
ID - 540155
A1 - Avdic,Edina,Pharm.D.
AU - Pham,Paul,Pharm.D.
Y1 - 2015/11/29/
BT - Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
UR - https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540155/all/Daptomycin
PB - The Johns Hopkins University
DB - Johns Hopkins Guide
DP - Unbound Medicine