- Note: for use only in those serious infections for which less potentially dangerous drugs are ineffective or contraindicated.
- Acute infections caused by Salmonella typhi
- Serious infections caused by Salmonella species, H. influenzae, specially meningeal infections, Rickettsia, Lymphogranuloma-psittacosis Chlamydia group, various Gram-negative bacteria causing bacteremia and meningitis.
- Part of a cystic fibrosis regimen when other agents are ineffective or contraindicated.
- Ocular infections (ophthalmic drops and ointments)
NON-FDA APPROVED USES
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.