Official website of the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX), HIV, Diabetes, and Psychiatry Guides, powered by Unbound Medicine. Johns Hopkins Guide App for iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Android included. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Note: for use only in those serious infections for which less potentially dangerous drugs are ineffective or contraindicated.
- Acute infections caused by Salmonella typhi
- Serious infections caused by Salmonella species, H. influenzae, specially meningeal infections, Rickettsia, Lymphogranuloma-psittacosis Chlamydia group, various Gram-negative bacteria causing bacteremia and meningitis.
- Part of a cystic fibrosis regimen when other agents are ineffective or contraindicated.
- Ocular infections (ophthalmic drops and ointments)