- Pneumonia caused by S. pneumoniae
- Including cases associated with concurrent bacteremia, P. aeruginosa, K. pneumoniaeor Enterobacter species.
- Febrile neutropenia (empiric therapy)
- Uncomplicated and complicated urinary tract infections including pyelonephritis (+/- bacteremia) caused by E. coli, K. pneumoniae, or P. mirabilis
- Uncomplicated skin and skin-structure infections caused by MSSA or S. pyogenes.
- Complicated intra-abdominal infections (in combination with metronidazole) caused by E. coli, viridans group streptococci, P. aeruginosa, K. pneumoniae, Enterobacter species, or B. fragilis.
NON-FDA APPROVED USES
NON-FDA APPROVED USES
- Shunt infections, CNS
- Appendicitis (with metronidazole)
- Diverticulitis (with metronidazole)
- Intra-abdominal abscess (with metronidazole)
- Osteomyelitis, acute
- Osteomyelitis, chronic
- Diabetic foot infection (with metronidazole or clindamycin)
- Hardware associated septic arthritis
- Acute exacerbations of chronic bronchitis
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.
Last updated: October 2, 2018
Dzintars, Kathryn, and Paul A Pham. "Cefepime." Johns Hopkins ABX Guide, The Johns Hopkins University, 2018. Johns Hopkins Guides, www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540090/7/Cefepime.
Dzintars K, Pham PA. Cefepime. Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. The Johns Hopkins University; 2018. https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540090/7/Cefepime. Accessed June 10, 2023.
Dzintars, K., & Pham, P. A. (2018). Cefepime. In Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. The Johns Hopkins University. https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540090/7/Cefepime
Dzintars K, Pham PA. Cefepime [Internet]. In: Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. The Johns Hopkins University; 2018. [cited 2023 June 10]. Available from: https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540090/7/Cefepime.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - Cefepime ID - 540090 A1 - Dzintars,Kathryn,Pharm.D., BCPS AU - Pham,Paul,Pharm.D. Y1 - 2018/10/02/ BT - Johns Hopkins ABX Guide UR - https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540090/7/Cefepime PB - The Johns Hopkins University DB - Johns Hopkins Guides DP - Unbound Medicine ER -