is a topic covered in the Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Official website of the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX), HIV, Diabetes, and Psychiatry Guides, powered by Unbound Medicine. Johns Hopkins Guide App for iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Android included. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Treatment of invasive aspergillosis in patients who are refractory to or intolerant of other anti-fungal therapy.
- Candidemia and the following Candida infections: intra-abdominal abscesses, peritonitis and pleural space infections.
- Note: not well studied in endocarditis, osteomyelitis, and meningitis (low CNS penetration) due to Candida.
- Esophageal candidiasis (authors’ opinion: would reserve caspofungin for azole-resistant cases).
- Empiric treatment of presumed fungal infections in febrile neutropenic patients.
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --
Last updated: May 1, 2017
Pham, Paul A, and John G Bartlett. "Caspofungin Acetate." Johns Hopkins ABX Guide, The Johns Hopkins University, 2017. Johns Hopkins Guide, www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540083/all/Caspofungin_acetate.
Pham PA, Bartlett JG. Caspofungin acetate. Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. The Johns Hopkins University; 2017. https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540083/all/Caspofungin_acetate. Accessed June 18, 2019.
Pham, P. A., & Bartlett, J. G. (2017). Caspofungin acetate. In Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. Available from https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540083/all/Caspofungin_acetate
Pham PA, Bartlett JG. Caspofungin Acetate [Internet]. In: Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. The Johns Hopkins University; 2017. [cited 2019 June 18]. Available from: https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540083/all/Caspofungin_acetate.
TY - ELEC
T1 - Caspofungin acetate
ID - 540083
A1 - Pham,Paul,Pharm.D.
AU - Bartlett,John,M.D.
Y1 - 2017/05/01/
BT - Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
UR - https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540083/all/Caspofungin_acetate
PB - The Johns Hopkins University
DB - Johns Hopkins Guide
DP - Unbound Medicine