is a topic covered in the Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Official website of the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX), HIV, Diabetes, and Psychiatry Guides, powered by Unbound Medicine. Johns Hopkins Guide App for iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Android included. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Treatment of invasive aspergillosis in patients who are refractory to or intolerant of other anti-fungal therapy.
- Candidemia and the following Candida infections: intra-abdominal abscesses, peritonitis and pleural space infections.
- Note: not well studied in endocarditis, osteomyelitis, and meningitis (low CNS penetration) due to Candida.
- Esophageal candidiasis (authors’ opinion: would reserve caspofungin for azole-resistant cases).
- Empiric treatment of presumed fungal infections in febrile neutropenic patients.
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --