Official website of the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX), HIV, Diabetes, and Psychiatry Guides, powered by Unbound Medicine. Johns Hopkins Guide App for iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Android included. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Facultative, aerobic, nonmotile, slender, intracellular Gram-negative rod.
- Agent of glanders.
- If suspected, notify lab personnel.
- Classified as Tier 1 biological select agent, https://www.selectagents.gov, accessed 4/4/2017.
- May be erroneously identified as Pseudomonas sp. by standard microbiologic testing, morphologically indistinguishable from B. pseudomallei.
- Hard to see on Gram stain. Grows slowly, best with glycerol.