- HSV-1 and HSV-2 are double-stranded, enveloped DNA viruses.
- Chronic herpesvirus infection, establishes latency in sensory ganglia of nerves innervating site of initial mucocutaneous infection.
- Prevalence of HSV-1 or HSV-2 infection as high as 80% in HIV+ persons.
- Activates HIV replication and enhances sexual transmission of HIV.
Herpes simplex was found in Johns Hopkins HIV Guide.
If you are a registered user, please log in below.
If not, learn more about gaining full access.
- Johns Hopkins Guides include up-to-date, authoritative content to help you treat patients and raise the standard of care.
Try these free topics now!
Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
Johns Hopkins Diabetes Guide
Johns Hopkins HIV Guide