- Small, obligate intracellular Gram-negative bacillus
- Infects mononuclear cells predominantly, plus others.
- Excreted from feces, urine and milk of infected animals.
- Organisms are hardy, can survive in environment as resistant to heat, desiccation and often disinfectants.
Coxiella burnetii was found in Johns Hopkins ABX Guide.
If you are a registered user, please log in below.
If not, learn more about gaining full access.
- Johns Hopkins Guides include up-to-date, authoritative content to help you treat patients and raise the standard of care.
Try these free topics now!
Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
Johns Hopkins Diabetes Guide
Johns Hopkins HIV Guide