- Community-based mental health services model originally intended as a prevocational work-readiness program. Sites are called “clubs,” and participants are referred to as “members.” Clubs help people with a history of serious mental illness rejoin and maintain a place in society, and receive education, work training, and social support.
- Key clubhouse model features:
- Build on peoples’ strengths, not focusing on their illnesses
- Promote support for physical and mental healthcare
- Provide structured day programs
- Incorporate a social franchise model
- Advocate for governmental and philanthropic support
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.