- Remdesivir is approved for the treatment of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in adult and pediatric patients (28 days of age and older and who weigh at least 3 kg) who:
- Require hospitalization
- Have positive results of direct SARS-CoV-2 viral testing, who are not hospitalized, have mild to moderate symptoms, and are at high risk for progression to severe COVID-19, including hospitalization or death
- Severe disease is defined as:
- Patients with SpO2 ≤ 94% on room air, OR
- Requiring supplemental oxygen, OR
- Requiring mechanical ventilation, OR
- Requiring extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO)
NON-FDA APPROVED USES
- Nonhospitalized patients at high risk for disease progression may be given a 3-day course of remdesivir (200 mg IV on day 1, then 100 mg IV on days 2 and 3).
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.