Type your tag names separated by a space and hit enter
Official website of the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX), HIV, Diabetes, and Psychiatry Guides, powered by Unbound Medicine. Johns Hopkins Guide App for iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Android included. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Acute exacerbations of chronic bronchitis (AECB)
- Acute bacterial sinusitis (ABS)
- Use for AECB and ABS indications should be avoided for routine use due recent FDA warning (Black Box warning) regarding serious and potentially permanent side effects (tendonitis and tendon rupture, peripheral neuropathy, and CNS side effects).
- FDA safety warning regarding fluoroquinolone use
- Community-acquired pneumonia
- Skin and skin structure infections (including complicated)
- Complicated intra-abdominal infections
- Bacterial conjunctivitis (ophthalmic drops)
NON-FDA APPROVED USES
- Treatment of M. tuberculosis including MDR and XDR-TB (in combination with other agents)
- Treatment of MAI and other non-TB mycobacterial infections (in combination with other agents)
- Alternative therapy for treatment of S. pneumoniae and H. influenzae meningitis in patients who have severe penicillin allergies.