- Adrenal insufficiency
- TB meningitis
- Cerebral edema (secondary to CNS toxoplasmosis)
- Numerous allergic, inflammatory, immunosuppressive conditions; trichinosis with neurologic or myocardial involvement; seasonal and perennial allergic and nonallergic rhinitis (intranasal steroid sprays); asthma (steroid inhalers); COPD (steroid inhalers in combination with beta-2 agonist)
NON-FDA APPROVED USES
- Immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome (IRIS)
- PCP with PO2 < 70 mm Hg or A-a gradient >35 mm Hg
- HIV-associated nephropathy (HIVAN): limited data.
- Bacteria meningitis (esp. S. pneumoniae)
- TB pericarditis
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.