Algorithms for Screening and Management of Diabetic Kidney Disease
is a topic covered in the Johns Hopkins Diabetes Guide
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Official website of the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX), HIV, Diabetes, and Psychiatry Guides, powered by Unbound Medicine. Johns Hopkins Guide App for iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Android included. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Diabetic nephropathy (DN) of diabetic kidney disease is one of the most common microvascular complications of diabetes occurring in 20-40% of patients with diabetes.
- ≤ 12% of patients with type 1 diabetes have evidence of kidney disease by 7 years.
- 25% of patients with type 2 diabetes have evidence of kidney disease by 10 years.
- A family history of parental hypertension is a risk factor for developing DN.
- Screening to identify DN and initial treatment is commonly performed by primary care providers and endocrinologists.
- Appropriate and timely referral of patients to a nephrologist is important to ensure high-level care.
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --
Last updated: September 13, 2018
Knicely, Daphne H, et al. "Algorithms for Screening and Management of Diabetic Kidney Disease." Johns Hopkins Diabetes Guide, 2018. Johns Hopkins Guide, www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_Diabetes_Guide/547190/all/Algorithms_for_Screening_and_Management_of_Diabetic_Kidney_Disease.
Knicely DH, Corriere MD, Myers D. Algorithms for Screening and Management of Diabetic Kidney Disease. Johns Hopkins Diabetes Guide. 2018. https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_Diabetes_Guide/547190/all/Algorithms_for_Screening_and_Management_of_Diabetic_Kidney_Disease. Accessed July 22, 2019.
Knicely, D. H., Corriere, M. D., & Myers, D. (2018). Algorithms for Screening and Management of Diabetic Kidney Disease. In Johns Hopkins Diabetes Guide. Available from https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_Diabetes_Guide/547190/all/Algorithms_for_Screening_and_Management_of_Diabetic_Kidney_Disease
Knicely DH, Corriere MD, Myers D. Algorithms for Screening and Management of Diabetic Kidney Disease [Internet]. In: Johns Hopkins Diabetes Guide. ; 2018. [cited 2019 July 22]. Available from: https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_Diabetes_Guide/547190/all/Algorithms_for_Screening_and_Management_of_Diabetic_Kidney_Disease.
TY - ELEC
T1 - Algorithms for Screening and Management of Diabetic Kidney Disease
ID - 547190
A1 - Knicely,Daphne,M.D.
AU - Corriere,Mark,M.D.
AU - Myers,Donna,M.D.
Y1 - 2018/09/13/
BT - Johns Hopkins Diabetes Guide
UR - https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_Diabetes_Guide/547190/all/Algorithms_for_Screening_and_Management_of_Diabetic_Kidney_Disease
DB - Johns Hopkins Guide
DP - Unbound Medicine