Type your tag names separated by a space and hit enter
Official website of the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX), HIV, Diabetes, and Psychiatry Guides, powered by Unbound Medicine. Johns Hopkins Guide App for iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Android included. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Excess adipose tissue that affects health
- Defined clinically as a body mass index (BMI) of ≥ 30 kg/m2 by the World Health Organization.
- Subdivided into Class 1 (BMI 30 - 34.9 kg/m 2 ), Class 2 (BMI 35-39.9 kg/m2) and Class 3 (BMI > 40 kg/m 2 ). Overweight is BMI 25-29.9 kg/m2.
- Visceral adiposity is excess adipose tissue inside the abdominal cavity.
- Visceral adiposity is defined clinically as a waist circumference > 35 inches (88 cm) for women, or > 40 inches (102 cm) for men.