Complementary and Alternative Medicine: Herbals
Official website of the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX), HIV, Diabetes, and Psychiatry Guides, powered by Unbound Medicine. Johns Hopkins Guide App for iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Android included. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Herbals refers to use of a plant or part of a plant for medicinal purpose.
- Also called botanical medicine or phytomedicine
- Many different herbal preparations used for treatment of diabetes (DM) in different cultures.
- Few have been systematically evaluated for efficacy and safety
- Compounds which have had some scientific evaluation are discussed in this module.