Alice Jenh Hsu, PharmD, BCPS, AQ-ID
Dr. Hsu is the Pediatric Infectious Diseases Clinical Pharmacy Specialist and the Associate Director of the Pediatric Antimicrobial Stewardship Program at The Johns Hopkins Hospital. Her current research interests include investigating the use of antimicrobials in the pediatric population, pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics of antimicrobials, and pediatric/adolescent HIV.
- Hsu AJ, Neptune A, Adams C, Hutton N, and Agwu AL. Antiretroviral stewardship in a pediatric HIV clinic: development, implementation, and improved Clinical Outcomes. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2016; 35(6):642-8.
- Tamma SM, Hsu AJ, Tamma PD. Prescribing ceftolozane/tazobactam for pediatric patients: current status and future implications. Paediatr Drugs. 2016; 18(1):1-11
- Smith TT, Hsu AJ, Hutton N, Womble F, and Agwu AL. Long-term virologic suppression despite presence of resistance associated mutations among perinatally HIV-infected youth. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2015; 34:1365–1368.
- Hsu AJ, Carroll KC, Milstone AM, Avdic E, Cosgrove SE, Vilasoa M, Tamma PD. The use of a combination antibiogram to assist with the selection of appropriate antimicrobial therapy for carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae infections. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2015; 36(12):1458-60.
- Hsu AJ, Dabb A, and Arav-Boger R. Auto-induction of voriconazole metabolism in a child with invasive pulmonary aspergillosis. Pharmacotherapy. 2015; 35(4):e20-6.
- Tamma PD and Hsu AJ. Optimizing therapy for vancomycin-resistant enterococcus bacteremia in children. Curr Opin Infect Dis. 2014; 27(6):517-27.
- Hsu AJ and Tamma PD. The treatment of multi-drug resistant Gram-negative infections in children. Clin Infect Dis. 2014; 58(10):1439-48.
- Wong FL, Hsu AJ, Pham PA, Siberry GK, Hutton N, and Agwu AL. Antiretroviral treatment strategies in highly treatment experienced perinatally HIV-infected youth. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2012; 31: 1279–1283.
- Nachega JB, Hsu AJ, Uthman O, Spinewine A, and Pham PA. Antiretroviral therapy adherence and drug-drug interactions in the aging HIV population. AIDS. 2012; 26 Suppl 1:S39-53.
- Hsu AJ, Carson KA, Yung R, and Pham PA. Severe prolonged sedation associated with coadministration of protease inhibitors and intravenous midazolam during bronchoscopy. Pharmacotherapy. 2012; 32(6):538-45.
- Jenh AM, Tamma PD, and Milstone AM. Extended-interval aminoglycoside dosing in pediatrics. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2011; 30:336–337.
- Tamma PD, Jenh AM, and Milstone AM. Prolonged infusions of beta-lactams. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2011; 30: 336–337.
- Pharm.D., Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy Piscataway, NJ (2007)
- Pharmacy Practice Resident, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD (2008)
- Infectious Diseases Specialty Resident, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD (2009)
- Society of Infectious Disease Pharmacists
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- Maryland Society of Health-System Pharmacists
Official website of the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX), HIV, Diabetes, and Psychiatry Guides, powered by Unbound Medicine. Johns Hopkins Guide App for iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Android included. Complete Product Information.