- Treatment of human smallpox disease in adults and pediatric patients, including neonates
- Approved by the FDA in June 2021 for the treatment of smallpox through the FDA Animal Rule.
- It is NOT available for commercial sale, but Chimerix will work globally with public health agencies in the event the medication is needed for a smallpox outbreak.
NON-FDA APPROVED USES
- Chimerix transferred exclusive rights for the development of brincidofovir for other indications (e.g., adenovirus) to SymBio Pharmaceuticals Ltd in 2019.
- Any requests for brincidofovir other than for smallpox should be submitted to SymBio.
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.