Type your tag names separated by a space and hit enter
Official website of the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX), HIV, Diabetes, and Psychiatry Guides, powered by Unbound Medicine. Johns Hopkins Guide App for iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Android included. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Aerobic, gram-negative, lactose fermenter and oxidase positive.
- May grow anaerobically.
- Has been cultured using Mueller-Hinton, NAC and Salmonella-Shigella agars.
- Found widely in the environment, including soil and waters including fresh and brackish.
- May be a component of normal GI flora.
- Known to be associated with biofilm formation and found in humidifiers and well water.
- Intrinsic and acquired multi-drug resistance common.
- A. xylosoxidans: most commonly implicated in active infections.
- Intrinsically resistant to aminoglycosides, aztreonam, tetracyclines, and many penicillins/cephalosporins.
- Many other species including:
- A. denitrificans
- A. piechaudii