Type your tag names separated by a space and hit enter
Official website of the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX), HIV, Diabetes, and Psychiatry Guides, powered by Unbound Medicine. Johns Hopkins Guide App for iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Android included. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Treatment of pulmonary MDR TB (resistant to at least INH and rifampin) in combination with other active antimycobacterial agents (minimum of four-drug treatment regimen) when an effective treatment regimen cannot otherwise be provided.
- Limitation of use: the safety and efficacy of bedaquiline for the treatment of latent infection due to Mycobacterium tuberculosis or drug-sensitive TB has not been established.
- In addition, there are limited data on the treatment of extra-pulmonary TB (e.g., central nervous system).
NON-FDA APPROVED USES
- On a case-by-case basis bedaquiline can be considered in extra-pulmonary TB, children, pregnant women, and HIV-infected patients when an effective anti-TB cannot be provided otherwise (CDC recommendation)
- Treatment of MAC and M. abscessus when there are no other alternatives