is a topic covered in the Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Official website of the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX), HIV, Diabetes, and Psychiatry Guides, powered by Unbound Medicine. Johns Hopkins Guide App for iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Android included. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Treatment of pulmonary MDR TB (resistant to at least INH and rifampin) in combination with other active antimycobacterial agents (minimum of four-drug treatment regimen) when an effective treatment regimen cannot otherwise be provided.
- Limitation of use: the safety and efficacy of bedaquiline for the treatment of latent infection due to Mycobacterium tuberculosis or drug-sensitive TB has not been established.
- In addition, there are limited data on the treatment of extra-pulmonary TB (e.g., central nervous system).
- On a case-by-case basis bedaquiline can be considered in extra-pulmonary TB, children, pregnant women, and HIV-infected patients when an effective anti-TB cannot be provided otherwise (CDC recommendation)
- Treatment of MAC and M. abscessus when there are no other alternatives
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --
Last updated: January 2, 2019
Avdic, Edina, and Paul A Pham. "Bedaquiline." Johns Hopkins ABX Guide, The Johns Hopkins University, 2019. Johns Hopkins Guide, www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540629/all/Bedaquiline.
Avdic E, Pham PA. Bedaquiline. Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. The Johns Hopkins University; 2019. https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540629/all/Bedaquiline. Accessed June 18, 2019.
Avdic, E., & Pham, P. A. (2019). Bedaquiline. In Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. Available from https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540629/all/Bedaquiline
Avdic E, Pham PA. Bedaquiline [Internet]. In: Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. The Johns Hopkins University; 2019. [cited 2019 June 18]. Available from: https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540629/all/Bedaquiline.
TY - ELEC
T1 - Bedaquiline
ID - 540629
A1 - Avdic,Edina,Pharm.D.
AU - Pham,Paul,Pharm.D. BCPS
Y1 - 2019/01/02/
BT - Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
UR - https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540629/all/Bedaquiline
PB - The Johns Hopkins University
DB - Johns Hopkins Guide
DP - Unbound Medicine