is a topic covered in the Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Official website of the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX), HIV, Diabetes, and Psychiatry Guides, powered by Unbound Medicine. Johns Hopkins Guide App for iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Android included. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- DNA polyomavirus, first isolated in 1971 in a renal transplant patient with initials B.K.
- Member of DNA tumor virus family, well-known to cause tumors in rodents; however, oncologic potential in humans less certain.
- Similar to JC virus, ~75% information shared genomically.
- Two forms based on genotype:
- Archetype virus: transmissible form, asymptomatic reactivation, disease.
- Rearranged variants: may be more common in disease.
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --
Last updated: June 1, 2016
Shoham, Shmuel, and Paul G Auwaerter. "BK Virus." Johns Hopkins ABX Guide, The Johns Hopkins University, 2016. Johns Hopkins Guide, www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540620/all/BK_Virus.
Shoham S, Auwaerter PG. BK Virus. Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. The Johns Hopkins University; 2016. https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540620/all/BK_Virus. Accessed August 21, 2019.
Shoham, S., & Auwaerter, P. G. (2016). BK Virus. In Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. Available from https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540620/all/BK_Virus
Shoham S, Auwaerter PG. BK Virus [Internet]. In: Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. The Johns Hopkins University; 2016. [cited 2019 August 21]. Available from: https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540620/all/BK_Virus.
TY - ELEC
T1 - BK Virus
ID - 540620
A1 - Shoham,Shmuel,M.D.
AU - Auwaerter,Paul,M.D.
Y1 - 2016/06/01/
BT - Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
UR - https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540620/all/BK_Virus
PB - The Johns Hopkins University
DB - Johns Hopkins Guide
DP - Unbound Medicine