Official website of the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX), HIV, Diabetes, and Psychiatry Guides, powered by Unbound Medicine. Johns Hopkins Guide App for iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Android included. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- DNA polyomavirus, first isolated in 1971 in a renal transplant patient with initials B.K.
- Member of DNA tumor virus family, well-known to cause tumors in rodents; however, oncologic potential in humans less certain.
- Similar to JC virus, ~75% information shared genomically.
- Two forms based on genotype:
- Archetype virus: transmissible form, asymptomatic reactivation, disease.
- Rearranged variants: may be more common in disease.