Official website of the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX), HIV, Diabetes, and Psychiatry Guides, powered by Unbound Medicine. Johns Hopkins Guide App for iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Android included. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- DNA virus member of Herpesviridae family.
- Humans only known reservoir.
- Primary infection spread by respiratory route with viral latency established in nerves.
- Latent VZV found in dorsal root ganglia and cranial nerve ganglia.
- By adulthood 90-95% infected (pre-vaccine era).