- Alternative in PCN-allergic patients: syphilis, yaws, Vincent’s infections and infections caused by N. gonorrhoeae (no longer recommended), B. anthracis, L. monocytogenes, Actinomyces spp., and Clostridium spp.
- URI and lower respiratory tract infections
- Skin and soft tissue infections
- Granuloma inguinale
- Psittacosis caused by Chlamydia psittaci.
- Typhus infections, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, rickettsial infections
- Q fever
- Infections caused by Chlamydia trachomatis
- Urinary tract infections
- Infections caused by Borrelia spp.
- Bartonella bacilliformis
- H. ducreyi
- F. tularensis
- Y. pestis
- V. cholerae
- Brucella spp.
- Campylobacter fetus
- Adjunctive to intestinal amebiasis cause by E. histolytica
- Infections caused by susceptible strains of E. coli, Enterobacter aerogenes, Shigella spp., Acinetobacter spp. Klebsiella spp., Bacteroides spp.
- Acne vulgaris
NON-FDA APPROVED USES
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.