Type your tag names separated by a space and hit enter
Official website of the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX), HIV, Diabetes, and Psychiatry Guides, powered by Unbound Medicine. Johns Hopkins Guide App for iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Android included. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Non-fermenting Gram-negative rod [Fig], easily grown on standard media.
- Previously referred to as Pseudomonas maltophilia.
- Ubiquitous organism: found in water, soil and plants.
- Considered of low virulence and frequent colonizer of body fluids especially in patients exposed to high-intensity courses of antibiotics.
- Environmental and clinical isolates often exhibit multiple antibiotic resistance.
- S. maltophila has a tendency to adhere and form biofilms to catheters and prosthetic devices.