is a topic covered in the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX) Guide
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Johns Hopkins Guides provide diagnosis, management, and treatment guidance for infectious diseases, diabetes, and psychiatric conditions. Explore these free sample topics:
~~ The first section of this topic is shown below ~~
- Serious infections caused by P. aeruginosa, H. influenzae, E. coli, E. aerogenes, and K. pneumoniaewhen alternative agents are contraindicated.
- Ocular infections with or without steroids (e.g., bacterial conjunctivitis and blepharoconjunctivitis, ophthalmic drops)
- Meningitis (intrathecal route ONLY)
- Prophylaxis of superficial skin infections (topical)
- Irrigation of urinary bladder (adjunctive treatment)
~~ To view the remaining sections of this topic, please
sign in or purchase a subscription ~~
Last updated: January 3, 2017