Pancreatitis and Infected Pancreatic Necrosis
is a topic covered in the Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Official website of the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX), HIV, Diabetes, and Psychiatry Guides, powered by Unbound Medicine. Johns Hopkins Guide App for iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Android included. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- The most common causes of pancreatitis are noninfectious (see below). Infectious causes include the following pathogens:
- Viruses: mumps, Coxsackie virus (and other enteroviruses), CMV, varicella zoster virus (VZV), HSV, acute HIV, hepatitis B
- Bacteria: Mycoplasma spp., Legionella, Leptospira, Salmonella spp.
- Fungi: cryptococcus (HIV), PCP, aspergillus
- Parasites: Toxoplasma gondii, Cryptosporidia, Ascaris, Strongyloides
- Infected pancreatic necrosis: usually caused by bowel flora (gram negative, gram positive and anaerobic organisms). Resistant bacterial and fungal infection may occur, especially if patients have received prior antibiotics.
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --
Last updated: February 26, 2014
McKenzie, Robin. "Pancreatitis and Infected Pancreatic Necrosis." Johns Hopkins ABX Guide, The Johns Hopkins University, 2014. Johns Hopkins Guide, www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540414/all/Pancreatitis_and_Infected_Pancreatic_Necrosis.
McKenzie R. Pancreatitis and Infected Pancreatic Necrosis. Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. The Johns Hopkins University; 2014. https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540414/all/Pancreatitis_and_Infected_Pancreatic_Necrosis. Accessed November 21, 2019.
McKenzie, R. (2014). Pancreatitis and Infected Pancreatic Necrosis. In Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. Available from https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540414/all/Pancreatitis_and_Infected_Pancreatic_Necrosis
McKenzie R. Pancreatitis and Infected Pancreatic Necrosis [Internet]. In: Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. The Johns Hopkins University; 2014. [cited 2019 November 21]. Available from: https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540414/all/Pancreatitis_and_Infected_Pancreatic_Necrosis.
TY - ELEC
T1 - Pancreatitis and Infected Pancreatic Necrosis
ID - 540414
A1 - McKenzie,Robin,M.D.
Y1 - 2014/02/26/
BT - Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
UR - https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540414/all/Pancreatitis_and_Infected_Pancreatic_Necrosis
PB - The Johns Hopkins University
DB - Johns Hopkins Guide
DP - Unbound Medicine