is a topic covered in the Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Official website of the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX), HIV, Diabetes, and Psychiatry Guides, powered by Unbound Medicine. Johns Hopkins Guide App for iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Android included. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Uncomplicated acute illness due to influenza A and B infection in patients > 2 weeks of age and older who have been symptomatic for no more than 2 days.
- Efficacy not established (by prospective trials) if symptom onset > 48h duration.
- Prophylaxis of influenza in ages ≥ 1 yr of age.
- Severe illness due to influenza A and B infection in immunocompromised and elderly pts who are hospitalized, even if > 48h symptoms--though limited data regarding efficacy 3 - 5 days post symptom onset.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the American Academy of Pediatrics recommend the use of oseltamivir for prophylaxis in infants > 3 months of age.
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --
Last updated: July 2, 2016
Dzintars, Kathryn, and Paul A Pham. "Oseltamivir." Johns Hopkins ABX Guide, The Johns Hopkins University, 2016. Johns Hopkins Guide, www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540403/all/Oseltamivir.
Dzintars K, Pham PA. Oseltamivir. Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. The Johns Hopkins University; 2016. https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540403/all/Oseltamivir. Accessed October 17, 2019.
Dzintars, K., & Pham, P. A. (2016). Oseltamivir. In Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. Available from https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540403/all/Oseltamivir
Dzintars K, Pham PA. Oseltamivir [Internet]. In: Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. The Johns Hopkins University; 2016. [cited 2019 October 17]. Available from: https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540403/all/Oseltamivir.
TY - ELEC
T1 - Oseltamivir
ID - 540403
A1 - Dzintars,Kathryn,Pharm.D., BCPS
AU - Pham,Paul,Pharm.D.
Y1 - 2016/07/02/
BT - Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
UR - https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540403/all/Oseltamivir
PB - The Johns Hopkins University
DB - Johns Hopkins Guide
DP - Unbound Medicine