Type your tag names separated by a space and hit enter
Official website of the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX), HIV, Diabetes, and Psychiatry Guides, powered by Unbound Medicine. Johns Hopkins Guide App for iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Android included. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Mycobacterial species
- Slow grower (2-6 weeks for positive with liquid media), photochromogen.
- DNA analysis suggests there may be 5-7 subspecies.
- Subtype I appears to be responsible for most human infection.
- M. tuberculosis and M. kansasii can occur together: cultures positive for M. kansasii should be incubated for prolonged periods to exclude M. tuberculosis, which grows slightly slower than M. kansasii.
- Reservoir appears to be water with likely infection via aerosol