is a topic covered in the Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Official website of the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX), HIV, Diabetes, and Psychiatry Guides, powered by Unbound Medicine. Johns Hopkins Guide App for iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Android included. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Mycobacterial species
- Slow grower (2-6 weeks for positive with liquid media), photochromogen.
- DNA analysis suggests there may be 5-7 subspecies.
- Subtype I appears to be responsible for most human infection.
- M. tuberculosis and M. kansasii can occur together: cultures positive for M. kansasii should be incubated for prolonged periods to exclude M. tuberculosis, which grows slightly slower than M. kansasii.
- Reservoir appears to be water with likely infection via aerosol
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --
Last updated: December 6, 2017
Hoffmann, Christopher J. "Mycobacterium Kansasii." Johns Hopkins ABX Guide, The Johns Hopkins University, 2017. Johns Hopkins Guide, www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540367/3.1/Mycobacterium_kansasii.
Hoffmann CJ. Mycobacterium kansasii. Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. The Johns Hopkins University; 2017. https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540367/3.1/Mycobacterium_kansasii. Accessed July 20, 2019.
Hoffmann, C. J. (2017). Mycobacterium kansasii. In Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. Available from https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540367/3.1/Mycobacterium_kansasii
Hoffmann CJ. Mycobacterium Kansasii [Internet]. In: Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. The Johns Hopkins University; 2017. [cited 2019 July 20]. Available from: https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540367/3.1/Mycobacterium_kansasii.
TY - ELEC
T1 - Mycobacterium kansasii
ID - 540367
A1 - Hoffmann,Christopher,M.D., M.P.H.
Y1 - 2017/12/06/
BT - Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
UR - https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540367/3.1/Mycobacterium_kansasii
PB - The Johns Hopkins University
DB - Johns Hopkins Guide
DP - Unbound Medicine