is a topic covered in the Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Official website of the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX), HIV, Diabetes, and Psychiatry Guides, powered by Unbound Medicine. Johns Hopkins Guide App for iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Android included. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Slow-growing acid fast bacillus (AFB), non-tubercular mycobactera (NTM).
- Growth on Löwenstein-Jensen media or Middlebrook 7H10 agar, typically seen > 7 days at 37ºC, although 25ºC is optimal.
- Scotochromogenic (smooth yellow to orange colonial formation) if growing in presence of light.
- Old classification: Runyon Group 2.
- Ubiquitous; reservoir is water (natural and tap) as well as soil. Often referred to as the "tap water bacillus."
- Growth usually takes 3 weeks or more at 37°C.
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --
Last updated: January 3, 2016
Auwaerter, Paul. "Mycobacterium Gordonae." Johns Hopkins ABX Guide, The Johns Hopkins University, 2016. Johns Hopkins Guide, www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540366/all/Mycobacterium_gordonae.
Auwaerter P. Mycobacterium gordonae. Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. The Johns Hopkins University; 2016. https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540366/all/Mycobacterium_gordonae. Accessed June 24, 2019.
Auwaerter, P. (2016). Mycobacterium gordonae. In Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. Available from https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540366/all/Mycobacterium_gordonae
Auwaerter P. Mycobacterium Gordonae [Internet]. In: Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. The Johns Hopkins University; 2016. [cited 2019 June 24]. Available from: https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540366/all/Mycobacterium_gordonae.
TY - ELEC
T1 - Mycobacterium gordonae
ID - 540366
A1 - Auwaerter,Paul,M.D.
Y1 - 2016/01/03/
BT - Johns Hopkins ABX Guide
UR - https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540366/all/Mycobacterium_gordonae
PB - The Johns Hopkins University
DB - Johns Hopkins Guide
DP - Unbound Medicine