Official website of the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX), HIV, Diabetes, and Psychiatry Guides, powered by Unbound Medicine. Johns Hopkins Guide App for iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Android included. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Intra-abdominal infections caused by viridans group streptococci, E. coli, K. pneumoniae, P. aeruginosa, B. fragilis, Bacteroides thetaiotaomicron, and Peptostreptococcus species.
- Meningitis (children 3 months of age and older) caused by S. pneumoniae, H. influenzae, and N. meningitidis.
- Complicated skin and soft tissue infections caused by S. aureus (MSSA only), S. pyogenes, S. agalactiae, viridans group streptococci, E. faecalis (not VRE), P. aeruginosa, E. coli, P. mirabilis, B. fragilis, and Peptostreptococcus species.
NON-FDA APPROVED USES
- Hospital-acquired pneumonia
- Necrotizing pancreatitis
- Obstetric and gynecologic infections
- Febrile neutropenia
- Sepsis and bacteremia
- Endocarditis caused by Gram-negative organisms (P. aeruginosa)
- Infections caused by ESBL producing organisms
- Multidrug resistant Gram-negative infections