Johns Hopkins Guides provide diagnosis, management, and treatment guidance for infectious diseases, diabetes, and psychiatric conditions. Explore these free sample topics:
~~ The first section of this topic is shown below ~~
- No longer available in the U.S.
NON-FDA APPROVED USES
- Acute otitis media
- Acute exacerbations of chronic bronchitis secondary bacterial infection of acute bronchitis
- Acute maxillary sinusitis
- Uncomplicated and complicated UTI.
- Community-acquired (CAP) caused by S. pneumoniae or H. influenzae (non-β-lactamase-producing strains only)
- Skin and skin-structure infections (impetigo)