Official website of the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX), HIV, Diabetes, and Psychiatry Guides, powered by Unbound Medicine. Johns Hopkins Guide App for iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Android included. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- No longer available in the U.S.
NON-FDA APPROVED USES
- Acute otitis media
- Acute exacerbations of chronic bronchitis secondary bacterial infection of acute bronchitis
- Acute maxillary sinusitis
- Uncomplicated and complicated UTI.
- Community-acquired (CAP) caused by S. pneumoniae or H. influenzae (non-β-lactamase-producing strains only)
- Skin and skin-structure infections (impetigo)