Official website of the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX), HIV, Diabetes, and Psychiatry Guides, powered by Unbound Medicine. Johns Hopkins Guide App for iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Android included. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Pneumonia, hospital-acquired caused by MRSA, MSSA, and S. pneumoniae.
- Generally reserved for MRSA.
- Community acquired pneumonia caused by S. pneumoniae and MSSA.
- Not a preferred agent for CAP.
- Infections due to vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus faecium (VRE), with or without concurrent bacteremia.
- Complicated and uncomplicated skin and skin structure infection including diabetic foot ulcers (without osteomyelitis).
NON-FDA APPROVED USES
- Vascular catheter associated sepsis
- Surgical wound infections
- Osteomyelitis, acute (second-line agent)
- Osteomyelitis, chronic (second-line agent)
- Septic arthritis, community-acquired (limited data)
- Hardware associated septic arthritis (limited data)
- Non-tubercular mycobacteria