- Pneumonia, hospital-acquired caused by MRSA, MSSA, and S. pneumoniae.
- Generally reserved for MRSA.
- Community acquired pneumonia caused by S. pneumoniae and MSSA.
- Not a preferred agent for CAP.
- Infections due to vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus faecium (VRE), with or without concurrent bacteremia.
- Complicated and uncomplicated skin and skin structure infection including diabetic foot ulcers (without osteomyelitis).
NON-FDA APPROVED USES
- Vascular catheter associated sepsis
- Surgical wound infections
- Osteomyelitis, acute (second-line agent)
- Osteomyelitis, chronic (second-line agent)
- Septic arthritis, community-acquired (limited data)
- Hardware associated septic arthritis (limited data)
- Non-tubercular mycobacteria
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.