Official website of the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX), HIV, Diabetes, and Psychiatry Guides, powered by Unbound Medicine. Johns Hopkins Guide App for iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Android included. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Gram positive, facultative anaerobic (or microaerophilic) rod.
- Normal flora of GI/GU tract.
- Produces lactic acid from glycogen providing for a low vaginal pH.
- Species often employed for production of yogurt, cheese, wine and other fermented products.
- Inherently resistant to vancomycin.