Official website of the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX), HIV, Diabetes, and Psychiatry Guides, powered by Unbound Medicine. Johns Hopkins Guide App for iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Android included. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Bone marrow transplant (to prevent graft vs host disease)
- Primary immunoglobulin deficiency
- Idiopathic thrombocytopenia (ITP)
- Prevention of bacterial infections in HIV-infected children who are not receiving prophylaxis (FDA approved but generally not recommended); Kawasaki disease.
- VZV post-exposure prophylaxis (if Varicella-Zoster immune globulin is not available)
NON-FDA APPROVED USES
- Anemia due to parvovirus B19 infection.
- Non-FDA approved indications with established efficacy: Guillain-Barre syndrome; steroid resistant dermatomyositis; multifocal motor neuropathy.
- Non-FDA approved indications that is still controversial: patients with Strep TSS treated with IVIG had a trend toward a lower mortality rate.
- Severe C. difficile-associated colitis (based on case reports) .