Johns Hopkins Guides provide diagnosis, management, and treatment guidance for infectious diseases, diabetes, and psychiatric conditions. Explore these free sample topics:
~~ The first section of this topic is shown below ~~
- Facultatively anaerobic, fastidious, Gram-negative coccobacillary organism.
- Pits agar on culture plates (note: only ~50% of such colonies produce this pitting).
- Grows best if enhanced by 3-10% CO2.
- Often found as a component of mixed infections.
- Member of HACEK group of endocarditis-associated bacteria (Haemophilus spp., Actinobacillus, Cardiobacterium, Eikenella, Kingella).