Official website of the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX), HIV, Diabetes, and Psychiatry Guides, powered by Unbound Medicine. Johns Hopkins Guide App for iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Android included. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Facultatively anaerobic, fastidious, Gram-negative coccobacillary organism.
- Pits agar on culture plates (note: only ~50% of such colonies produce this pitting).
- Grows best if enhanced by 3-10% CO2.
- Often found as a component of mixed infections.
- Member of HACEK group of endocarditis-associated bacteria (Haemophilus spp., Actinobacillus, Cardiobacterium, Eikenella, Kingella).