- Anthrax due to Bacillus anthracis
- Inhalation anthrax: Post-exposure prophylaxis or treatment (see "biodefense-anthrax")
- Treatment of cutaneous, gastrointestinal or oropharyngeal anthrax
- Granuloma inguinale caused by Calymmatobacterium granulomatis
- If PCN allergic
- Uncomplicated gonorrhea caused by Neisseria gonorrhoeae
- Syphilis caused by Treponema pallidum
- Yaws caused by Treponema pertenue
- Listeriosis due to Listeria monocytogenes
- Vincent’s infection caused by Fusobacterium fusiforme
- Actinomycosis caused by Actinomyces israelli
- Infections caused by Clostridial species
- Psittacosis caused by Chlamydia psittaci
- Relapsing fever caused by Borrelia recurrentis
- Mycoplasma pneumoniae
- Rocky mountain spotted fever (RMSF), typhus, Q fever, rickettsialpox, and tick fevers cased by Rickettsia species.
- Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Uncomplicated urethral, endocervical or rectal infections caused by Chlamydia trachomatis
- Nongonococcal urethritis caused by Ureaplasma urealyticum
- Lymphogranuloma venereum caused by Chlamydia spp.
- Trachoma, inclusion conjunctivitis cause by C. trachomatis.
- Gram-negative infections caused by H. ducreyi, Y. pestis, F. tularensis, V. cholerae, C. fetus, Brucella spp., B. bacilliformis, C. granulomatis.
NON-FDA APPROVED USES
NON-FDA APPROVED USES
- Lyme disease
- Malaria prophylaxis
- Community acquired pneumonia
- Acute bacterial rhinosinusitis
- Skin and soft tissue infections due to S. aureus
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.
Last updated: April 11, 2017
Dzintars, Kathryn, and Paul A Pham. "Doxycycline." Johns Hopkins ABX Guide, The Johns Hopkins University, 2017. Johns Hopkins Guides, www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540178/all/Doxycycline.
Dzintars K, Pham PA. Doxycycline. Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. The Johns Hopkins University; 2017. https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540178/all/Doxycycline. Accessed June 9, 2023.
Dzintars, K., & Pham, P. A. (2017). Doxycycline. In Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. The Johns Hopkins University. https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540178/all/Doxycycline
Dzintars K, Pham PA. Doxycycline [Internet]. In: Johns Hopkins ABX Guide. The Johns Hopkins University; 2017. [cited 2023 June 09]. Available from: https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540178/all/Doxycycline.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - Doxycycline ID - 540178 A1 - Dzintars,Kathryn,Pharm.D., BCPS AU - Pham,Paul,Pharm.D. Y1 - 2017/04/11/ BT - Johns Hopkins ABX Guide UR - https://www.hopkinsguides.com/hopkins/view/Johns_Hopkins_ABX_Guide/540178/all/Doxycycline PB - The Johns Hopkins University DB - Johns Hopkins Guides DP - Unbound Medicine ER -