- Anthrax due to Bacillus anthracis
- Granuloma inguinale caused by Calymmatobacterium granulomatis
- If PCN allergic
- Uncomplicated gonorrhea caused by Neisseria gonorrhoeae
- Syphilis caused by Treponema pallidum
- Yaws caused by Treponema pertenue
- Listeriosis due to Listeria monocytogenes
- Vincent’s infection caused by Fusobacterium fusiforme
- Actinomycosis caused by Actinomyces israelli
- Infections caused by Clostridial species
- Psittacosis caused by Chlamydia psittaci
- Relapsing fever caused by Borrelia recurrentis
- Mycoplasma pneumoniae
- Rocky mountain spotted fever (RMSF), typhus, Q fever, rickettsialpox, and tick fevers cased by Rickettsia species.
- Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Trachoma, inclusion conjunctivitis cause by C. trachomatis.
- Gram-negative infections caused by H. ducreyi, Y. pestis, F. tularensis, V. cholerae, C. fetus, Brucella spp., B. bacilliformis, C. granulomatis.
NON-FDA APPROVED USES
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.