Official website of the Johns Hopkins Antibiotic (ABX), HIV, Diabetes, and Psychiatry Guides, powered by Unbound Medicine. Johns Hopkins Guide App for iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Android included. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Single-celled coccidian parasite, first reported causing human disease in 1979.
- Member of family Eimeriidae, sublcass Coccidiasina, subphylum Apicomplexa.
- Other members (13) of Cyclospora found in animals including rodents, vipers.
- 7.7-9.9 µm in diameter in stool appears as sphere with morula within.
- Can be responsible for water- or food-borne outbreaks.